The primary goal of orthodontic dentistry is to correct teeth and jaws that are positioned incorrectly. Far from being simply a cosmetic issue, misaligned teeth are more difficult to clean, and therefore, are more prone to developing periodontal disease, and eventually, falling out. This is why the benefit to proper orthodontic treatment are not just a more beautiful smile, but an overall improvement in oral health.
Who needs orthodontics?
You may be a good candidate for orthodontics if you have one of the following conditions:
- Overbite, where the upper teeth rest too far on front of lower teeth
- Underbite, where the upper teeth rest too far behind lower teeth
- Misplaced midline, where the center of your upper teeth does not line up with the center of your lower teeth
- Open bite, where there is a space between upper and lower front teeth when back teeth are biting down
- Missing Teeth
- Extra Teeth
- Overcrowding, where there is insufficient room for all teeth to properly assume normal positions in the jaw
- Spacing, or gaps between teeth due to missing or misaligned teeth
- Poor self image
Call us and schedule your orthodontic consultation today!