Do you want to transform your smile? Are you looking for a treatment method that can take care of several cosmetic flaws at one time? You’ll be happy to know that the dental professionals at Smiles Dental have been providing patients with newly transformed smiles for years now. With porcelain veneers, you’ll no longer have to hide behind your hands when you talk or smile with your mouth closed. Instead, you can show off your new pearly whites with confidence! To find out more about how Dr. Niraja can give you a brighter, more beautiful smile with porcelain veneers, contact us today.
Why Choose Smiles Dental for Porcelain Veneers?
What Are Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain veneers are ultra-thin shells that are customized to fit over your natural teeth, hiding your cosmetic flaws. Whether it is chipped or cracked teeth, stains or discoloration, gaps, or teeth that appear short or “stubby,” porcelain veneers can quickly and easily cover these imperfections and create a brand new smile.
Not only will your veneers be created to your liking, including size, shape, and color, but your cosmetic dentist will use artful precision to put them in place, creating a beautiful, natural appearance.
What is the Process for Getting Veneers?
In just two appointments, you can have a fully transformed smile with porcelain veneers. The placement of these thin coverings begins by scheduling a consultation with Dr. Niraja. During your appointment, the two of you will discuss your goals and what look you hope to achieve. After examining your smile and determining which teeth will require veneers, we will use a shade guide to determine the color of your new veneers.
Dr. Niraja will carefully remove a small portion of the enamel from each tooth to ensure the veneer will lay flat and the bonding agent will adhere it to your natural tooth correctly. Finally, we will take impressions of your teeth and send them to the dental lab where they will begin constructing your new veneers. Before you leave, we will place temporary veneers over your teeth until your permanent ones are ready.
During your second and final appointment, Dr. Niraja will remove the temporaries, and after reviewing the new porcelain veneers with you, she will begin to carefully place them, using a curing light to harden the bonding agent into place.
Benefits of Veneers
Not only can you achieve a star-studded smile with porcelain veneers, but you can also increase your confidence, which can be helpful if you’ve lived with unsightly dental flaws most of your life. If you’re considering veneers to transform your smile, here are some of the added benefits to this cosmetic treatment:
- They look completely natural. You don’t have to worry about the so-called “chiclet teeth” look when having veneers placed by a highly skilled and trained cosmetic dentist.
- You can hide various cosmetic flaws with this versatile treatment method.
- With proper care, you can expect your porcelain veneers to last 10 years or more.
- Apart from brushing and flossing, all you need to do to keep them clean and healthy is to continue seeing your dentist every six months.
- It is a less invasive procedure in comparison to other forms of cosmetic or restorative treatment (i.e. dental crowns).
How to Maintain Your Veneers
As we previously mentioned, porcelain veneers can last a decade or more, but in order to get the most life out of your veneers, you need to take proper care of them. To do this, here are some tips to follow:
- Brush your teeth twice a day for two full minutes
- Floss at least once a day
- Rinse with an antiseptic mouthwash
- Keep your six-month dental appointments
- Avoid hard foods, as they can damage your veneers
- Limit or avoid stain-causing foods and beverages. Although veneers are less likely to stain than regular tooth enamel, too much consumption of coffee, tea, red wine, or berries can create discoloration over time.